Req ID: 16442
Additional Work Locations:
We’re excited you’ve considered to Be More with iQor. From Customer Interactions to Product Support, we’ll help you reach, stretch and realize your potential. Grow More with your own customized career path. Learn More with award-winning training. Earn More with industry-leading compensation. And Care More in a culture that treats you like family and gives back to your community. A world of opportunity is waiting. Let’s get started!
Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, modifies and installs programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Java development position focused on a high volume OLTP system deployed globally to over 12,000 users.
· Use Agile best practices: test-driven development, continuous integration, and test automation.
· Actively participate in the exchanging of ideas and information within the department
· Participate in rollout/installation of new business systems.
· Serve as an escalation point for system and troubleshooting issues, assist in resolving production issues.
· Participate in or lead solution design sessions.
· Collaborate with Product Owner in defining strategy and vision for an application.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities and tight deadlines
· Provide technical advice, code reviews and assistance to other programmers.
· Write programs that involve multiple, complex screens, interfaces, tables and outputs.
· Write complex, optimized data extracts, updates and interfaces.
· Interface with functional specialists to ensure solution design and integrity.
· Understanding of complex table joins and advanced programming concepts.
· Solid understanding of functional integration points, entity relationships and module flows.
· Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
· Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
· Understand and embrace the global IT strategic direction
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the superior.
· Proactively organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
· Be effective and consistent in providing regular updates to appropriate managers
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members
· Core Java experience: core language, multi-threaded server-side and analytic applications, system performance.
· Experience with JSP & Servlet.
· Experience with open-source frameworks/libraries like Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JUnit, etc.
· Experience with MVC frameworks like Spring MVC, Struts, JSF, etc.
· Experience with XML and Webservices (SOAP/REST).
· Experience with application servers like Web logic, WebSphere and Jboss.
· Knowledge of Messaging (JMS, MDB, etc.) is a plus.
· Knowledge of build tools like Maven and ANT is a plus.
· Good understanding of object-oriented methodologies and design principles.
· Knowledge of the PTC/Servigistics/Click Commerce/Xelus “Service Depot Management/SL/Repairs and Returns/XDR” application is a plus.
· Experience working with large amounts of data.
· Able to work with and participate within a small multicultural professional team.
· Understanding of performance profiling/tuning.
· Familiar with Agile methodologies/tools.
· Experience with SQL.
· Experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of enterprise Java web applications.
· General understanding of scalability and high-availability systems.
· Excellent communication/documentation skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 2 to 4 years experience in a relevant IT position OR equivalent external work experience
· Location: Gurugram
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 10%.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Bachelor's Degree, First Degree, Trade/Vocational School certificate or Equivalent required. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or computer related discipline required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to sit and/or remain stationary for extended periods of time. Individual will be required to type and/or operate a computer and other office productivity machinery for extended periods of time. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and/or documents; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and/or extensive reading. The person in this position may need to occasionally walk or otherwise traverse, stand, exert up to 10 lbs. of force to push, pull, lift or otherwise move objects, bend, reach, kneel, and/or twist for minimal periods of time. Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.