IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd. Last year we opened 411 new properties globally and despite the unique global situation this year regarding Covid-19 we have continued to grow our portfolio in 2020.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
Your main role will be as an internal advisor and business partner to the Development, D&E and Legal teams; an integral member of IHG’s growth function. The Analyst will conduct market research and analysis, financial analysis, feasibility studies, deal valuation and ad-hoc projects.
Deal Feasibility & Valuation
· Assess deals that are presented by the Development team
· Conduct market research, site visits (as needed) and discuss projects with colleagues to develop strategic positioning
· For company managed deals, prepare P&L statements
· Prepare project review documents, gather and respond to feedback from operational and commercial colleagues
· Using IHG’s investment models, evaluate deal terms that are proposed by the development team
Deal Approval Administration
· Prepare papers for IHG’s internal approval committees;
· Manage the committee’s agenda, e-approvals and minutes
· Help colleagues understand and navigate the deal approval process
· Conduct analysis to support other strategic projects and IHG’s development reporting
· Assist with preparation of pitch documentation for new hotel opportunities
Establishing Industry Network
· Develop and maintain industry relationships with consultants, real estate developers, and counterparts at competing hotel operators.
What we need from you
Educational Attainment: Hotel School or Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Finance or relevant subject
Critical Expertise & Experience:
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· Analytical and numerical approach; ability to communicate financial terms to non-finance stakeholders
· Competent and confident using Microsoft Excel
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
· Familiar with industry metrics and hotel P&Ls; understanding of hotel ownership and business models;
· Knowledge of financial valuation methodology (DCF)
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications is: 2 nd November 2020