At Intercontinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over. Supervise on-the-job training program which typically involves a student rotating through a variety of jobs in different departments to learn all aspects of operating and managing a hospitality operation. In some cases, the internship may involve a student focusing his/her time on one particular area/department.
Your day to day
At Candlewood Suites® we want our guests to feel trusted and free to do what they want in their own space which means we need you to:
· Be down-to-earth by being straightforward and natural
· Be considerate by being respectful, perceptive and accommodating
· Be friendly by being kind, approachable and light-hearted
· Be reliable by being professional, a team player and resourceful
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The internship must be closely related to the student’s major area of study and career objectives.
· The internship experience is designed to provide practical experiences in a professional work environment.
· It is anticipated that the internship will provide breadth of experience for the student.
Student currently enrolled in a hospitality program at an accredited college or university.
What we need from you
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Frequently standing and walking
· Handling objects
· Demonstrate ability to apply academic theory to the job situation through practical application.
· Follow all rules of protocol in effect in the field setting.
· Accept responsibility for professional conduct as indicated by courtesy and consideration of those encountered in the work situation, promptness in keeping appointments, completing assigned tasks, and positive attitude toward all activities required by the job situation.
· Exemplify ethical professional behavior evidenced by positive working relationships with all personnel, moral actions, and attention to confidentiality requirements.
· Participate effectively in group problem-solving processes demonstrated by direct involvement.
· Transfer academic theory to the practical job situation, recognizing strengths and areas of improvement of the academic preparation.
· Demonstrate creativity in theory application during the internship.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· May be required to intern nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.