Who you are:
The IBM Cloud is looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic Software engineering professional that will build the next generation cloud and security services to make our customers succeed.
If you are a motivated engineer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the File and Block Storage development team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM Cloud Infrastructure Storage a place where you want to be – a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
What you'll do:
IBM Cloud has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. Our Cloud Developer Services engineering team is responsible for delivering Developer services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
An IBM Cloud Software Development engineer will be the key individual responsible for development of new cloud services on the IBM Cloud Platform. You will get to work with Fortune 100 Enterprise clients and build hyperscale cloud services for the largest companies in the world.
We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
· You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
· You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least a BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college. MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strong relevant experience.
· About 2-5 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system will be huge plus.
· Experience in multiple of the following areas is required:
· Strong understanding of object oriented design principles and patterns
· Up to date on the latest development frameworks and tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Travis
· Strong knowledge of SOA web services – REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, XML, JSON
· Experience implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift)
· Several years of experience configuring and administrating Linux(or other Unix-like) systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· The candidate should be passionate about programming and developing new applications with a penchant for high code quality and to learn new industry best practices.
The candidate should be passionate about developing highly performant, scalable and resilient cloud native applications.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.