IBM is seeking an advanced entry-level talent to fill a client-facing and consultative role – as a Partner Ecosystem/EIP Technical Architect (HYBRID CLOUD)
The role is to create and maintain strong, trusted and productive senior technical level relationships and deliver integrated and persuasive architectural thought leadership, demonstrating IBM product functionality in this area This role will be evaluated on the adoption of key IBM strategies and technology in the context of the client's agenda.
PARTNER ECOSYSTEM FUNCTION:
· Engage business partners and start-ups in IBM EIP program to develop trust and credibility in the technical capability of IBM products
· Help partners and clients grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with the business and technical value / capability within IBM HYBRID CLOUD
· With ISVs and software partners demonstrate your technical expertise to position the IBM prodcuct set to solve business problems faction,
· Deliver industry-centric technology solutions to partners of all sizes and markets
· Work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same
· Work with the channel sales team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, enablement and/or proof-of-concepts
· Be ready to interact with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people daily RESPONSIBILITY
• Establish and develop relationship with key executive decision makers and influencers at the senior technical level in the CIO / CTO domain
• Provide the technical leadership required to integrate IBM capabilities, strategies and core architecture into the client's key strategies and objectives, from the client's perspective.
• Proactively engage IBM technical community, including technical and business COEs in support of the client's objectives.
• Provide technical leadership to the IBM team to ensure that proposed solutions support the client's business and technical strategy.
• Understand and navigate IBM to identify, acquire and coordinate a team of technical resources needed to address client needs.
• Integrate IBM technical strategy and resources in front of the customer providing one face, one IBM strategy for the client.
• Lead the development of the overall technical strategy and ensures the supporting architecture will meet the clients business plan.
• Have primary responsibility for identifying and prioritizing opportunities and developing client-valued solutions involving multiple brands and elements.
• Responsible for overall technical leadership, technical architecture / strategy and customer satisfaction with technical support.
• Understands IBM business and brand strategies and how these translate into solutions which address client needs.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of their client's business strategy and primary challenges and how current industry trends impact their strategy and challenges.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of their client's current and target technical capabilities.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the client's industry, including industry trends, new industry solutions, industry business processes and key client competitors in their industry.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Architect
State / Province
Primary job category
(0123) IBM South Africa (pty) Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Previous experience solving data related problems using machine learning, advanced algorithms, or graph analysis and processing techniques
· Proven ability to research, design and implement algorithms that solve real world problems at scale relying on state of the art academic research
· Hybrid cloud working knowledge and exposure
· Data architecture and AI experience and knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Architect
BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.