We are seeking an experienced candidate with strong technical skills and high executive potential to join IBM's corporate tax department as International Tax Counsel. The selected candidate will work closely with various business units, country management and advisors to create and implement strategies to help optimize IBM's financial tax rate and cash tax expense. In addition, the candidate will provide on-going monitoring of, and commentary on, applicable tax legislation and regulations; and provide timely information to tax operations in order to facilitate financial statement preparation and tax compliance.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills in areas such as:
· New tax reform legislation,
· Subchapter C, including section 367;
· Subpart F income;
· The foreign tax credit system;
· The taxation of financial instruments;
· Should have familiarity with transfer pricing and partnership rules.
The ideal candidate should also have between 5-7 years of experience:
· Working with a diverse and global team;
· Working with senior business leaders, finance, treasury and legal teams to clearly articulate tax concepts;
· Calculating the tax consequences of a transaction for use in financial modeling;
· Reviewing financial statements and valuation reports;
· Developing structuring plans to guide execution in a manner that meets the business and other functional team's needs;
· Working with tax accounting to ensure that transactions are properly recorded in the books and records; and collaborating within IBM Tax to ensure that all projects are accurately reported on IBM's tax returns and are properly documented for audit.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5 years' experience in technical tax
· At least 5 years' experience in tax research
· At least 5 years' experience in tax and legal writing
· Licensed in Law or Accounting (CPA)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Master's Degree in Law
· At least 7 years' experience in technical tax.
· At least 7 years' experience in tax research.
· At least 7 years' experience in tax and legal writing.
Secondary Job Category
Tax and Treasury
· Licensed in Law or Accounting (CPA)
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.