Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE RTP, NC (after covid).
There is no relocation offered and no remote option.
IBM believes in progress — that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. We believe in innovation that matters, for our company and the world. We strive to put the client first, share expertise, and restlessly reinvent to build innovative solutions for our customers.
In the CIO our customers are our fellow IBMers and we are dedicated to making their lives easier and more productive. Join us in building dynamic applications using the latest technology including Java, React, Redux, Angular, and Node. Deploy those applications on platforms powered by Red Hat and OpenShift.
We do this at scale, across multiple data centers, supporting a worldwide user community. You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals. You work with a team of passionate software developers who create, and support business-critical applications used by IBMers and IBM partners.
Our team values engineering and leveraging best practices in order to develop solutions that meet the needs of our clients and our business organization. We believe in the Agile concepts of iteration over perfection, people and interactions over process and tools, and adapting to change over following a plan.
Above all, we value curiosity, teamwork, and a desire to learn. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you can succeed on our team.
· Review and estimate requirements while working with your team to plan agile sprints related to application and process development roadmaps
· Develop web applications using React, Node.js, Java, DB2 and/or NoSQL
· Commit and organize source code in GitHub enterprise
· Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your peers, your manager, and the team product owner
· Participate in architecture and technical roadmap planning sessions
· Advise management and product teams on implementation and architecture patterns and best practices
· Develop back-end processes and APIs required by front-end applications
· Manage & transform data with ELT Pyspark
· Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership
· Adaptive to ambiguity and willing to change in a fast-paced environment
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Research Triangle Park
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 1-3 plus years of development experience in modern web frameworks isuch as Java, React, Angular, & Node
· Object-oriented programming skills
· Knowledge of building restful APIs and Web services
· Familiar with relational databases
· Familiar working with NoSQL databases
· Knowledge of cloud-hosting solutions and CI/CD pipeline tools
· Knowledge of Automated Testing programs including Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
· Experience with Design Thinking methods to understand personas and develop great user design
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
· Experience using modern collaboration tools in a highly-responsive environment
· Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.