You Will spend the majority of time receiving inbound enquiries (telephonic, web and email) in a call centre environment. Will resolve a portion of these queries and forward the highly complex calls to the appropriate second level support team. Will take ownership of and closes the loop on that query thereby ensuring customer satisfaction.
· The Technical Support Representative must provide excellent customer service. The task is responsible for handling internet and telephone based customer queries from IBM employees in Europe. Timely resolution of critical customer requests to ensure IBM business continuity is required.
· First Contact resolution rate of 80 % is required, in other words, the Technical Support Representative should resolve 80% of their inbound requests themselves.
· The Technical Support Representative has to ensure their full commitment to customer SLA's and KPI's.
· The Technical Support Representative should have a desire to develop knowledge on client applications such as Lotus Notes, Windows Operating Systems, LAN/WAN networks and TCP/IP connectivity, Printing solutions, Main frame applications, Global Web architecture, Microsoft etc. The CSR also handles hardware related queries related to desktops and think Pads. The CSR must manage their time to meet SLA's on problem updates and ACD targets.
· The Technical Support Representative must work as part of a team and escalate issues where necessary to the Team Subject Matter Expert or Team Leader ensuring the group as a whole maintains ownership of the customer's query at all times. Problem determination and recording of accurate details on all incoming queries and problems is required.
· Record accurate details of all actions taken when performing call/queue management
· The Technical Support Representative deals with both technical and non-technical people at all levels within the organisation they support and uses acquired knowledge to assist other members of staff. The CSR plays an active part in the induction of new members of staff.
· TheTechnical Support Representative plays an active and important part in improving quality.
· The Technical Support Representative ensures that department policy is adhered to (e.g. ISO processes, ITCS 300 guidelines, virus control, clean desk policy etc).
· Undertake internal and external training as required.
· The Technical Support Representative continuously strives to improve technical ability.
· The Technical Support Representative MUST ensure that Aux Work Codes are used accurately.
· The Technical Support Representative must adhere to the monthly schedules as provided by the team leader.
· The Technical Support Representative must adhere to scheduled times for break, lunch and off-phone time.
· The Technical Support Representative must ensure that all users are kept fully up-to-date on the progression of their problem.
· The Technical Support Representativemust liaise with the Subject matter Expert team and the Problem and Change Management team members as required
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Customer Service Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0123) IBM South Africa (pty) Ltd
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Fluent in Dutch speaking and writing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Experience as a Service Desk Agent
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Fluent in Dutch Speaking Language
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Client satisfaction will be your ultimate goal in this role. As a customer service representative, you will be on the front line serving our customers. You'll be the technical resource and point person interacting with clients, vendors, and senior management, to identify and resolve complex technical problems. If solving problems and helping others succeed excites you, let's talk!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.