The z/OS Systems Programmer should have technical, domain level and specialist skills to ensure that all the engineering services are operated, maintained and constantly upgraded as technology advances.
There can be multiple functions within the job involving multiple products and technologies. Including but not limited to programming, support to maintain essential environmental conditions & analysis – creating functional/technical design solutions. The job holder may specialise in a single or combination of those functions/technologies. They will be involved in overseeing the deployment, planning, configuration & testing.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Upgrading, maintaining and supporting the z/OS operating system
· Upgrading, maintaining and supporting ISV products particularly from the vendors; IBM and Computer Associates (CA)
· Production support
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
· Must have extensive experience of mainframe systems programming. This is essential to the role
· Must have knowledge of a combination z/OS, SMP/E, TSO/ISPF, USS, SDSF, JCL.
· Must have knowledge of IBM and CA Products and be able to work independently.
· Must have excellent problem determination skills and be a true team player.
· You will be required to provide off hours support for the implementation of software changes and support for other projects requiring software expertise as well as be part of an on-call rota
· Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
· Have some experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
· A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own and others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate should have the following complimentary skills (although these are not essential):
· Assembler, Automation, GDPS, Rexx and CLIST skills
· Proficient in Top Secret skills
· Performance monitoring using Omegamon, RMF, SMF and SAS
The role is based at our Sheffield or Wakefield datacentres and offers the flexibility to work from home for part of the week
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.