Role Title: Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking Markets IT - Fixed Income and BSM IT
HSBC Global Banking & Markets (GB&M) is a leading player in foreign exchange market. We trade foreign exchange 24 hours a day in over 60 countries and territories, and receive competitive quotes in all tradable currencies. We also participate in the money markets, taking large volumes of institutional deposits and managing the retail bank clearing operations. The recognition GB&M has received from leading publications in the financial industry speaks volumes for our track record as a global business and the success of our strategy as an emerging markets-led, financing-focused bank.
HSBC Software Development (Guangdong) Limited (HSDC) helps provide HSBC with a genuine competitive advantage across the globe. In particular, the technology department of GB&M Fixed Income and Balance Sheet Management (FI & BSM) in HSDC is a strategic partner to our global business delivering advanced technology systems, wide-ranging expertise, and innovative solutions.
The FI & BSM department has a global network where our teams in United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Guangzhou connect with each other to pool expertise, knowledge and experience, and this opens up the door for our business to new opportunities, more efficient processes, increased margins and helps drive reductions in the Bank's cost base.
Work here and you will be involved in projects dealing with front-to-back exchanges, portals and all trade lifecycles, utilizing market leading and cutting edge technologies. We are providing high end solutions covering xFOS/XARA/eBench that serve the trading and balance sheet management (BSM) need, powered by the Murex platform, in the house platforms (XARA & eBench) various excel spreadsheet solutions, to support wide range of Fixed Income, FX and MM products including Spots, Forwards, Swaps, Bonds, FRAs, FX Options, and Metals. In recent years, FI & BSM has significant demand from business to deliver number of high profile projects.
We currently invite high caliber IT professionals with strong passion to develop a career in the technology industry of global banking and markets.
Most crucially of all, our focus is not just on what we do but how we do it. In FI & BSM, we feel it is important that you are able to grow as an individual in an environment that values respect and work-life balance, where achievement is recognized and where leaders are transparent about the direction the company is going in, where your role in that strategy is clear and your manager supports you to deliver it.
Role Purpose / Description
- Responsible to develop and deploy derivatives systems with Murex Solutions
- Manage activities within project delivery to the business within the agreed timeframes, cost and levels of quality;
- Develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal control standards and external regulatory requirements;
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Core Java 1.7 or above experience on Java development
- SQL skills
- Linux or other Unix skills
- Solid experience with Frameworks / tools – Spring Platform, Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, CI related tooling
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to present the problem clearly Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A highly-motivated individual with positive and proactive attitude
- DevOps experience and teamwork
Ideal Experience (following skills/experiences would be an added advantage)
- Banking project related experience. Understanding product knowledge on FX/MM/Bonds/Swap with transaction work-flow from Front-end systems to Back office
- Murex application as a Technical analysis
- Working in a global team with different cultures
- Experience on Murex (in particular, v3.1) and one or more components: MxML Exchange, Datamart, Market Data, Simulation View
- CFA level 1 or Investment bank (or banking) background
- Overseas background is highly preferred
- Understand the new technology and passionate on it
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC's global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi'an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.