Portfolio Risk Analyst
Sydney based with opportunity to work out of Parramatta.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Risk Team in the role of Portfolio Risk Analyst. The team is responsible for the development and management of HSBC's risk management framework across all retail banking products (i.e. credit cards, personal loans, mortgage) to support the business. Key function is ensuring risk strategies are balanced between supporting business growth and fulfilling regulatory lending obligations across the full credit lifecycle spectrum for all products. In this role you will gain exposure to acquisition and account management strategies for all retail lending products.
This is a great role to explore opportunities in retail credit risk management.
• Work with risk managers and senior analysts to provide risk/profitability related analytics to support the management of the RBWM Portfolios
• Production and streamlining of monthly and quarterly reports, ensuring they are delivered error free and within agreed deadlines to executive committees and global teams.
• Proactively identify problem areas and opportunities within the portfolios with processes and policy analysis to enhance the risk management of the portfolios
• Assist in the implementation and ongoing enhancement of all automated credit decisioning systems and strategies.
• Support new product initiatives, risk projects, legal and regulatory compliance changes as required.
• Work closely with ASP RBWM Risk in Hong Kong to ensure that regional guidelines and procedures are followed and that best practise techniques are introduced where appropriate.
Ideal candidate profile
To be successful in the role you will need:
• Tertiary qualifications, preferably in a quantitative (i.e. maths, sciences or information systems) or related discipline
• Experience or familiarity with SAS or statistical programming language is preferred
• Strong attention to detail and logical approach with the ability to bring innovation to problem solving
• 6-12 months of experience in credit risk management or credit operations in banking/financial services highly beneficial
• Excellent communication, organisation, time and project management skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.HSBCNC
Learn more about careers at HSBC: