• The primary goal of ITID PPM Financial Management is to ensure the effective cost management across a large, complex change portfolio within ITID. The role is locted within the central PPM Practice function in ITID Portfolio and Programme Management.
• The PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant will report into the Global Portfolio Finance Manager and will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
Impact on Business
• Good stakeholder management skills, working with the portfolio leads to understand the business.
• Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
• Support the monthly reforecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
• Complile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
• Actively seek to minmise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
• Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
• Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
• Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
• Support the annual budgeting process as required
• Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
• Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on finanical planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
• Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
• Knowledge of financial internal controls
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
• Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA), qualified AAT or accounting education at degree level with full understanding of accounting policies, forecasting of Cash and P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
• Be able to communicate finance in a simple manner to non finance people.
• Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting of $50M+ in an IT department of a large, global corporation.
• Excellent stakeholder management.
• Knowledge of process improvement.
• Excellent understanding of common project management terms and concepts
• Self starter, dedicated and a team player.
• Organised and structured way of working.
• Ideally Banking experience.
• The role will be required to work UK hours.
Ideal candidate profile