( Please describe the role that the candidate will be undertaking within the team )
· Plan and drive patching across Server (Linux, Windows) and Middleware (WAS, IHS, DB, etc).
· Ensure that the process complies with the latest standards and practices laid down by HSBC
· Develop relationships with Patching Managers in Infrastructure Delivery (ITID), Cybersecurity and other CMB service lines to share information and best practice
· Coordinate with all the stake holders to plan and execute the patching, also ensure post patching support.
· Work with change delivery, plan and raise the Change Requests, seek approvals well in advance, escalate as required.
· Consistent dialogue with the ITSOs, delivery team to ensure support and plan.
· Update and maintain app/infra estate with respect to patching in formal sources (patching levels, ownership etc)
· Follow and execute patching plan for all our channels assets with ITID, CPS, business teams, central control functions and Release Management
· Regionally, maintain and update embargo period and important calendar proactively
· Maintain and update the backlog regularly of longer term patch incompatibilities
· Effective control and monitor the Patching as a project deliverable.
· Continually reassess and highlight the risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring during or post patching.
· Timely report and update the patching status
· Co-ordinate and execute patching changes on weekends.
· Degree educated, ideally engineering/computer science
· 5+ years' experience in IT with focus on Infrastructure and Application maintenance.
· 2+ years' experience within Financial Services, Software, Telecoms or Energy sectors
· Linux, WAS, DB and other Infrastructure skills
· Project Management
· Professional qualifications e.g. ITIL, KANBAN
· Experienced in managing and improving patching teams and processes in a large, complex organisation
· Complex IT systems management (data, application & infrastructure)
· Report generation and
· ITIL v3
· Agile / DevOps
· Devops tools Like Jira/ Kanban boards, Confluence etc
· Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills
· Structured worker able to efficiently manage multiple tasks
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken) – comfortable with detail
· Cultivates a collaborative and cooperative attitude
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and fast learner
· Strong team player, volunteer
· An appreciation and respect for local cultures, and ability to both influence and work effectively with them
· Appetite, enthusiasm and desire to initiate change and execute strategy
Ideal candidate profile