Role Title: COO
Business: HSBC Retirement Services Limited
New or Existing Role- New
Grade: GCB 3
As a member of the senior management team of the HSBC Master Trust, you will support the CEO to lead the execution of strategies for the HRSL Executive. You will be second-in-command and responsible for the day to day operational excellence of the HSBC Master Trust. You will support on the commercial and strategic development of the Master Trust. A key element of the role is to lead the development and management of the digital provision of the HSBC Master Trust including data management. You will see to establish procedures and process to ensure the smooth running and governance compliance with the wider HSBC functions
Lead the oversight of third parties engaged by the HSBC Master Trust
Impact on the Business:
• You will be responsible for the operation and administration excellence of the HSBC Master Trust and HSBC Retirement Services Limited operations in accordance with HSBC standards and The pensions regulatory requirements.
• Ensure effective risk management through the management of internal approvals, third party service oversight, risk management and service procurement processes.
• Act as senior member of the HRSL team. Participation in governance, stakeholder and regulatory meetings.
Customers / Stakeholders
• HSBC Master Trust through the Trustee Board, members and employers
• HSBC Group
• Service providers
Leadership & Teamwork
• As second in command of the management team for the HSBC Master Trust you will foster a dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit to approach the business, operation and stakeholder management requirements of the role.
• Lead the operational team to set up and manage the HSBC Master Trust within the parameters of the HSBC Master Trustees, HSBC Group and regulation.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Implementation of effective operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures across all area of the HRSL business and teams.
• Drive positive change and identify new innovations that can be created as part of the development of the Master Trust in line with the HSBC Master Trust Trustee objectives.
• Co-ordinate with all area of HSBC to develop the trust in accordance with HSBC
• Stakeholder management combining the needs of the Trustees with the HSBC processes
• Sustaining operation excellence in line with stakeholder expectations, best in class and regulatory code
• Development of administration services in line with member needs and digital platform
You will be part of a dynamic team in the UK developing a market leading retirement proposition. You will work as part of the senior management team of the HRSL Executive and be responsible for the operational excellence of the HSBC Master Trust and operations of the HRSL Executive. The operations should be in accordance with key stakeholder requirements, ensuring that Trustee objectives, regulatory requirements, HSBC Group and the strategic business plan from the Strategist are met. Offering dynamic leadership to the team consisting of operations, administration, member communication and data specialists is key.
Develop and grow the HSBC Master Trust in accordance with the business plan, in budget and against strict timelines.
• Development and compliance with HSBC FIMs
• Assistance with compliance and risk management of HSBC functions
• Attendance at the LMC and RMM
Observation of Internal Controls
• Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
• Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed. Optimizes relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Professional, innovative and dynamic
• Experience in digital/data management
• Knowledge of Master Trusts, pensions, retirement and their operating systems
• Knowledge of HSBC internal processes
• Client orientated
• Proven leadership skills with clear judgement and decision making abilities
• Educated to degree level ideally
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.