Software Network Architect—Fabric Link, Scale and Performance
In this role, you will:
· Influence the strategic direction of our network product development
· Move the Networking industry and state of the art forward with resilient and high-performance smart NICs
· Work with the Open Source Community on new Networking frameworks, application libraries and collaborative development
· Discuss network opportunities with key customers and translate into engineering requirements and architecture
· Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
· Mentorship and development of team technical delivery personnel
· Contribute to the broader HPE/Cray R&D leadership community
· Participate in fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative Agile engineering practices
We are looking for:
· Proven track record of delivering network technology to market – including open source, commercial innovation and high-quality development
· Experience driving and guiding SDN technology
· Thought leadership in NIC development, Smart NICs, NIC offload, and NIC capabilities
· 12+ years’ overall product development experience
· Ability to work in a variety of languages such as Go, C, C++, Java, and Python on Linux
· 8+ years architecting, designing, and developing network software
· Providing expertise and leadership in cloud, distributed systems and security arenas
· Experience solving scale, resilience, and performance issues across the data and control-plane in production network software and architectures
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
· Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
· Application Network libraries: MPI, LibFabric, sockets, etc.
· Network protocols: InfiniBand, Ethernet, LLDP, LACP, ARP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP/IP, VLAN, etc.
· Troubleshooting skills from Layer 2 to Layer 7
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.