SAP ABAP Developer
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE Global IT is looking for an experienced SAP ABAP Developer with broad experience in designing, implementing technical solutions in Order-to-Cash & Finance areas in a global, highly complex system landscape. We are looking for individuals with the passion to drive significant business outcomes through technical skills, business acumen and leadership.
• Global Functions IT, part of HPE Global IT is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to HPE's internal Global functions like Finance, Tax, Procurement, Treasury, Legal and others. The candidates will be responsible for developing technical solutions meeting regulatory compliance requirement by collaborating with various IT and business partners .
Main responsibilities :
• This Developer role requires the candidate to apply deep technical knowledge of ABAP and related technical tools and techniques on various SAP applications such as ERP/ECC, S4, GTS etc.,.
• Understand technical product requirements and the provided technical guidance, to produce detailed technical specification, develop and test applications to those specifications.
• Collaborate with Solution Architects and technical leads on project design, support code reviews, address code review recommendations and resolve validation and verification issues on a timely basis.
• Drive superior quality in technical deliverables, reduce or eliminate design or development defects and ensure a thorough unit testing and comprehensive System Integration Testing.
• Drives tactical problem solving, demonstrates technical expertise in issue reduction and resolution. Follow guidance with minimal supervision.
• Consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues .
Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelors degree in IT / Engineering or related discipline with over 8 years of experience implementing SAP solutions in a technical role.
• Strong experience in SAP technical areas using ABAP in one or more core SAP modules from Master Data, Order Management, Procurement, Supply Chain to Finance.
• Minimum 2-3 full life cycle global implementations (Prior experience defining/implementing worldwide solutions across multiple legal entities in a highly complex systems and project environment) including hands-on design and development.
• Experience with implementing solutions using Dynpro , Reports, Enhancements, Object Oriented programming, BADI, User-exits, Smart Forms, SAP Script, ALE/EDI IDOCs, SOAP/REST Web Services, WebDynpro Applications, Fiori, Optimized Database programming etc., is mandatory
• Significant experience with troubleshooting and debugging complex applications, deep knowledge in data model of various SAP applications and table structure is essential.
• Knowledge of basic system administration tasks such as database analysis, tracing issues, identifying performance bottlenecks is required.
• Exposure to SAP implementation methodologies and modern software development methodologies is required.
• Advanced understanding of software test methodologies, and experience with testing automation tools is a plus
• Exposure to several SAP modules and ability to create test data with assistance in Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Project Systems, Service Management and FI/CO modules are of great value.
• Demonstrate eagerness to learn new techniques and methods, follow lead and achieve results.
• High internal drive/self-initiative; Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills of complex and technical concepts. Demonstrates strong command of the English language.
· are good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen―you are aligned to our core values
· are a professional with experience and technical knowledge (SAP, Enterprise OSs)
· have an understanding, at a detailed level, of all architectural dependencies of technologies in IT environments
· are able to display a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns
· are able to complete solution implementation independently, as well as manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements
...then, apply now!
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.