Liferay application Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
The role of Liferay Dev Lead is to lead the design, development and integration of Liferay, the platform for Partner portals. This role will focus on building and maintaining a rich suite of applications offering various capabilities to the Channel Partners and the Partner eco system for conducting business with HPE.
Liferay Dev Lead is responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of software architecture solutions. The individual provides overall direction, life cycle management and leadership for all Liferay components and portlet development. Working closely with the Enterprise/Solution Architect this individual performs a lead role in the identification, analysis, evaluation and recommendation of technologies required for implementing Liferay Portal Solutions.
· Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation of Liferay solution.
· Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps.
· Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future application capability drivers.
· Minimum 5 - 7 years of technical experience.
· At least 2 - 3 years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
· Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) experience.
· 3+ years’ experience architecting and implementing the Liferay Portal(DXP) and developing portlets.
· Deep Liferay experience around planning, configuration, clustering and tuning
· Liferay certification would be a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of Java & J2EE Technologies (Servlets, JSP, EJBs), integration techniques (JDBC, Web Services, JMS, etc.) and Web technologies (HTML, CSS and JAVA SCRIPT).
· Experience in Infrastructure/server configuration as well as performance tuning
· Experience in DevOps, CI/CD, Jenkins, Nexus.
· Experience in Docker, Kubernetes
· Experience leading onshore/offsite development
· Experience with modern full stack development frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, Bootstrap, etc.
· Extensive exposure on portal security configurations & SAML integrations.
· Experience in data warehousing and data modeling
· Ability to perform data analysis and data quality checks.
· Successful teamwork experience & demonstrated leadership abilities
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.