Data Center System Administrator
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation.
HPE Adaptive Management Services (AMS) leverages HPE’s best practices for operating on-premises IT environment by delivering Monitor, Operate, and Administration Services. The framework addresses the operational challenges through the service operations stage of the infrastructure, covering servers, storage, networking, hypervisor, backup/restore, and security, as well as middleware and applications for both HPE and selected non-HPE assets.
The Data Center Network Engineer within the AMS team plays a key role in administering the customers network environment.
· Responsibility for operation and administration of network and network monitoring equipment
· Monitoring incoming incidents and service requests
· Implementing changes when needed
· Execution of service requests and incident resolution as well as maintaining of proper documentation
· Will have the responsibility to keep the SLA commitments
· First Level University degree
· 3-5 years’ experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
· Relevant industry qualification where applicable – CCNA Certification is desirable.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP stack, familiarity with networking topologies
· Understanding with VPN and firewall solutions is an advantage.
· Experience with wireless technologies is desirable.
· Experience with administration of HPE (Comware/Aruba) and Cisco network equipment.
· Experience with troubleshooting switching, VLAN, routing and connectivity issues.
· Experience with configuration and management of the network topology.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Second foreign language will be considered as an advantage
· Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools like SNOW or Remedy
· Superior customer service skills.
· Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers.
· Ability to mentor new engineers.
· Ability to train peers on solutions.
· Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers.
· Ability to lead technical action plans.
· Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
· ITIL Certification is desired
We offer a challenging role including:
· Continuous technical training and certification opportunities
· Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field
· Flexible working time
· Be part of a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support throughout EMEA
· Competitive remuneration package
· Medical insurance
· 4 days additional paid leave (total: 24 days)
· Food vouchers
· Opportunity to use free HPE parking
· Life insurance
· Wellness program
· HPE badge program including various discounts for products and services
· Work-life balance program including free legal, financial and psychological consultation
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Submit your application in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.