Power Gas Power Systems
The master scheduler will gather essential information provided by project stakeholders to build & develop a proper agenda that facilitates a more accurate project management process. Should be capable of working with different disciplines people to add value of each one on a project schedule development, giving warranty of setting the proper network & quality for each team involved. Creating the master schedule is a process from major planning initiatives to coordinate all the activities.
• Master scheduler will be responsible of executing on a weekly basis schedule change request based on customer’s needs.
• Support & coach other teams & coworkers in the understanding of a project schedule.
• Evaluate and mitigate schedule risk.
• Coordinate with scheduling team to provide their deliverables with proper life cycle time & quality.
• Partner with internal customers such as Project Engineering, Design Engineering and PDE to understand Project Execution needs thru detailed tasking.
• Generate improvement ideas to develop lean processes on Scheduling Subject.
• Combine efforts of planning, development, maintenance & analysis of project schedules.
• Maintain the better practices on project management & follow procedures that assure quality.
• Manage information and data within various software and databases.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanics plus 6 years of experience.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Presentation Skills: ability to communicate with Senior Leadership
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience
• Project Management basic knowledge.
• Primavera P6 strong background.
• Excel Visual Basic strong background.
• Experience in leading projects, resources management and critical path analysis
• If currently a GE employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 18 months and have at least a satisfactory performance rating
• In case of being a GEIQ employee, you must have previously occupied a position as an E2 OR E3.
• Gas turbines fundamentals
• Power Plants Basics
Green Belt Certified (GE employees only)
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions
• Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments
• Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives
• Demonstrated ability in influencing and shaping team's long-term vision and strategy
• P6 expert desirable.
• Macro developer within Microsoft excel / VSA
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com