Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
Join the innovative Aviation Avionics team! In the role of Platform and Test Software Engineer, you will utilize your experience / expertise to build a strong foundation for planning, developing, integrating, and executing assigned projects in collaboration with other adjacent team members under defined requirements and processes leading to final product deliveries of software applications or device drivers based on strategies for the aerospace industry.
Are you ready to be responsible for day-to-day execution of various product-line based programs, multi-functional coordination within the team and other product areas, development of the product objectives meeting the Multi-Generational Technology Plan / Multi-Generational Product (Development) Plan?
- We execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific / engineering principles and practices
- We define software architecture and software design!
- We define interface requirements!
- We collaborate software requirements, test cases and test procedures!
- We collaborate and occasionally develop engineering tools and processes necessary to meet the projects engineering and business goals
- Develop software test applications and execute software integration activities.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, maintaining a focus on safety and reliability
- We execute the platform software reuse strategies and processes
- Execute trade studies related to software technologies such as operating systems, hyper-visors, and tools
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
· Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
- Experience with embedded software development process.
- Experience using Configuration Management tools CVS, GIT, Rational Team Concert
- Knowledge of requirements definition and trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification and production support efforts
- Knowledge of a Graphical Modeling Language with Simulation (e.g. Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose, Rhapsody, Matlab / Simulink )
- Knowledge of C, C++, and ADA languages, RTOSs or MBD
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
- Participate in a team as a standout colleague
- Collaborate in the development role for a C project
- Knowledge in Real-time Operating Systems and Hypervisor technologies
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.