GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Engineering Technology
India, United States
The Embedded Software Test Engineer works in a global, digital-industrial environment and is dedicated to the validation of embedded controls software for wind turbines.
This role provides first-hand exposure to wind turbines & wind turbine controls system design. It also provides exposure to remote fleet level management of thousands of installed wind turbines as well as the controls software development process.
· Ensures the quality of embedded software products by creating and applying software quality tests to a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
· Perform testing in a lab or on actual wind turbines.
· Works independently and contributes to the immediate team or to other teams across businesses.
· Expected to collaborate with business segment colleagues and resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
· Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
· Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
· Support configuration management activities
· Contribute to controls software release planning and perform coordination
· Support validation tools and methods development
· Provide timely customer support
· Maintain control of turbine safety aspects as software and turbine components change.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field with Renewable Energy emphasis
· Minimum of 1 year experience relevant to validation of embedded controls software, preferably in wind turbine systems
· Minimum of 2 years experience developing and testing software in MATLAB / Simulink
· Broad technical knowledge of wind turbines.
· Experienced in modeling, testing and validating wind turbine control software.
· Experience with GE Mark VIe controller.
· Experience with working in a global, cross-functional team.
· Ability to succeed in a global team environment.
· Team player with strong communication skills.
· Some knowledge of Wind Turbine Generator physical principles.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).