Corporate Global Research
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to implement real-time embedded systems for aerospace, power, renewable energy, healthcare, transportation, homeland security, and defense applications as part of a project team. You will collaborate with GE Business units and Government Agencies to execute research programs to solve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
You will have the opportunity to:
· Work with GE businesses and government agencies to implement novel embedded computing concepts from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
· Collaborate with Universities, industrial consortiums, commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in embedded computing.
· File patents and contribute to open source communities.
· Leverage FPGA design tools to develop and implement advanced embedded designs.
· Design, model, simulate, implement, and optimize real-time critical embedded systems.
· Prototype solutions for experimentation, validation and customer demonstrations.
· Develop execution optimization techniques to accelerate AI & ML algorithms.
· Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool developers to provide the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines
· Experienced with development of real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, and/or FPGAs
· Embedded programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, and/or C/C++
· Software programming experience with Python, and/or MATLAB
· Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
· Ability to work in teams and across business functions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
· Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related disciplines
· Experience with System on Chip (CPU/FPGA) development and optimization
· Understanding of embedded security techniques
· Optimization of hypervisor technologies and real-time operation systems
· AI/ML algorithm development
· Experience with QNX RTOS
GE Research is GE's innovation engine where new ideas are originated, developed and productized to create a better world and deliver differentiated products across the company's industrial portfolio. These products span the aviation, power, transportation and health care sectors.
Today, we're a forward leaning, interdisciplinary organization, matching world-class innovation with market insights and industry connections to move faster and deliver better outcomes for GE’s businesses and customers.
We continue a strong track record in innovation and invention that began with our company's founder, Thomas Edison. GE scientists and engineers have distinguished themselves over time, amassing tens of thousands of patents, two Nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and a list of inventions that have defined and redefined generation after generation.
This rich legacy of delivering transformative innovation is thriving now more than ever.
Discover how we’re seeing, moving and creating the future at https://www.ge.com/research/, meet our innovation giants at https://www.ge.com/research/people, search our open positions at http://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with us on our social channels at https://twitter.com/GEResearch and https://www.linkedin.com/company/geresearch/.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).