Aviation Digital Solutions
The Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, deep learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
· The Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
· Develop analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities.
· Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
· Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
· Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
· Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
· Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate The work and outcomes.
· Share and discuss findings with team members.
· • Bachelor’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
· • Minimum 1 year analytics development in a commercial setting
· • Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
· • Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
· • Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
· • Experienced in machine learning and deep learning solution development
· • Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
· • Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaleup, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
· • Experience in any of the followings is plus: computer vision, NLP, time series, reinforcement learning
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.