In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. You won’t find a tax culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term role in personal tax compliance, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Accounting & Tax Technician, you'll be part of EY’s Global Compliance & Reporting practice. This position offers excellent opportunities for learning to the right candidate. We are seeking full-time candidates who can fulfill the following responsibilities and qualifications.
Your key responsibilities
As an Accounting & Tax Technician, you'll:
· Prepare journal entries, trial balance, general ledger financial statements and the supporting schedules
· Prepare personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns
· Collate and e-file submissions of tax returns
· Verify tax assessments
· Research general tax issues
· Interact with tax authorities
· Develop direct contacts with clients
· Provide clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products
Skills and attributes for success
· The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast paced and high volume environment with keen attention to client needs
· The ability to manage time spent against budget, and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
· The ability to be proactive, use own initiative, and work independently, as well as part of the team
· The ability to demonstrate sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Good communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
· College diploma in accounting, finance or tax, or equivalent
· Previous related tax and accounting experience would be an asset
· Experience using Caseware and Taxprep is highly desirable
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
· The flexibility to work additional hours
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A commitment to learning and using our tax technology and processes
· Accounting experience for investment portfolios
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture-built on high-performance teaming-where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards packageincludes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work andwith a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.