The Tax Technology Services Group is part of EY's National Tax Department. Our mission is to develop, implement, and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams.
Be a part of a team that helps our clients' gather, organize and analyse complex data collection efforts bringing value-added time and expertise. Currently, TTDAS works closely with clients and professionals in a variety of areas including Federal Business Tax Services, Partnership Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Indirect Tax Services, Human Capital and International Tax Services.
Your key responsibilities
You'll work closely with the DevOps team in order to maintain MS SQL databases for various applications we are developing, as well as optimizing performance of databases for client facing applications.
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to escalate issues and communicate to leadership
· Strong data analytics
· Openness to learning and embracing new technologies
· Strong communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
· 2+ years of MS SQL Server 2008, 20012, 2014
· Experience with implementations of MS SQL as well as integration experience with various web based applications
· Expert knowledge of relational database design principles
· Expertise in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
· Expertise in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
· Expert knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, backups, restores and recovery models
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
· Expert knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
· Knowledge of data warehousing, ETL and Business Intelligence concepts
Ideally, you'll also have
· Experience with Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server
· Administering MS SQL in the Azure environment
· Server monitoring software (AppDynamics a plus)
What we look for
We're interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, an interest in data and system administration and the ambition to go above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical & dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.