Handling tax in such a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As a Sales and Use Tax Staff, we'll look to you to build and apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, participating in strategic outcomes to some very complex issues. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
It's fair to say there's no average day for a Sales and Use Tax Staff ' so you're likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you're working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice they can always rely on. To make that happen, you'll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
· Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
· Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients
· Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
· Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
· Researching our clients business operations and building long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs
· Participating on a motivated team of professionals
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
· Professional knowledge in sales and use tax processes, concepts and tools
· At least one year in a professional services or tax organization
· Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
· The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
· Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
Ideally, you'll also have
· An achieved or partially achieved CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation or the ability to sit for a state bar
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.