Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Risk Management team and help protect EY from risks that arise from its professional practice. Risk Management teams provide coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, regulatory and risk management issues, as well as dealing with claims, and any queries regarding the organization’s ethics. You’ll help us meet our compliance responsibilities while supporting our client-facing teams as they deliver quality service to their clients.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As Q&RM Supervising Associate, you'll be the initial point of contact for individual clients or client service teams. You'll provide research and analysis across one or more functional areas, interpret Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) policies, and determine responses to standard and non-standard situations. Applying your in-depth subject matter knowledge, you'll make recommendations based on EY guidance and professional standards. You'll analyze issues, and review the quality of processes. you'll also document how tasks are completed, to satisfy reviews by external regulators.
In this role, you'll interact with executive level personnel, help colleagues learn new jobs/tasks, and integrate with the team. You'll work independently with minimal feedback.
· Understand and apply the Independence rules and policies of EY and the regulator. Learn about other Q&RM areas outside your own area
· Protect sensitive and confidential information that could impact all levels of personnel
· Consult with Q&RM analysts to review submissions from client service and other teams. Confirm proposed transactions/requests are complete, accurate and appropriate
· Recommend improvements and new approaches or output, calling on your Q&RM experience and applying existing Q&RM processes
· Complete the Q&RM process, by following up on requests from Americas Independence executives and client teams
· Conduct research to resolve conflicts and/or obtain materials required to initiate Business Relationships Evaluation and Tracking (BRET), Public Company Independence Procedures (PCIP), Personal Independence or other Q&RM processes
· Independently answer complex, non-routine questions from clients
· Liaise between the clients and other members of Independence and Q&RM
· Help colleagues learn new tasks and integrate with the team. Help build a cohesive team
· Manage tasks and activities on time, support colleagues to meet their deadlines and take responsibility for specific outcomes
· Manage client relationships to meet or exceed expectations, by listening to client needs, educating them and keeping them up-to-date with progress
· Review and analyze reports, to identify variances or trends, and provide these to management
· Maintain and expand knowledge of your area. Communicate new developments and their impacts to clients and team members
· Develop relationships and build a network within Q&RM and across the firm
· Identify and extract key issues and risks related to BRET, PCIP, Personal Independence and other Q&RM processes
· Respond to or process escalated matters or sensitive transactions
· Investigate matters through consultation and inquiry of the clients, and resolve issues
· Develop a broad knowledge of the firm and its practices, including a solid understanding of the relevant firm business
· Develop knowledge of Q&RM/Independence operations, and communicate processes
· Identify the risks associated with Independence initiatives, recommend ways to mitigate these risks
· Manage an entire Q&RM/Independence project, or discrete components. These will be simple or moderately complex
· May help train junior Q&RM/Independence team members. This will familiarize them with firm processes and policies, and help them handle more complex issues
To qualify, candidates must have:
· Project management skills
· Problem solving ability
· A flexible approach, with the confidence to take the initiative
· Ability to deliver tough messages to executive leaders within the firm
· Strong research and communications skills
· Adept at handling multiple tasks concurrently
· Good working knowledge of computers and common software packages
· Confident at taking a lead role, to resolve uncertainties among peers and build a cohesive team
· Skilled at judging when to escalate issues to management
· Competent at making decisions independently
· A minimum of 5-7 years related experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.