As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
Accounting, Compliance and Reporting (ACR) professionals are focused on helping large multinational companies, as well as family-owned businesses and startups, to meet their financial reporting requirements in the many countries where they do business. Our clients are active in a variety of industries (included but not limited to automotive, government and public sector, consumer products, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities and technology).
As an ACR intern, you will be responsible for different tasks:
· Accounting & compliance : you will assist clients in their financial digital processes (e.g. preparation and interpretation of year-end-closings, audit assistance, financial statements, tax and VAT returns, …).
· Reporting : depending on your interests and experience, you can work on management reports, budgeting, analytical bookkeeping, financial health & competitors analyzes and other financial projects.
· Temporary assignments : depending on the client’s needs, you will assist in general accounting, credit control, internal optimization projects, etc.
· Start-up and scale-up assistance : you will be an active member of the EYnovation ecosystem, with a hands-on and entrepreneurial approach.
We recruit and develop interns with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical and entrepreneurial skills, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to handle complex problems.More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
· You are studying a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a financial or economic orientation (e.g. Accountancy, Business Administration, (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences);
· You are available to start your internship in the second semester (January/February/March);
· You are fluent in Dutch and/or French, and have a good written and spoken knowledge of English;
· You are a born team player, critical, innovative and curious;
· You are client- and results-oriented;
· You are tech-savvy. Experience with Exact Online and/or ERP is a bonus.
· You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
· We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
· We will support you to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role;
· You get an entrepreneur facing experience as from day 1.
· The possibility to stay at EY (permanent contract) after a positive evaluation.
· We are proud of our flexible work arrangements, and we support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client services, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might regularly require working at client sites, our extended offices network throughout Belgium offers you a comfortable and appropriate choice of workplace.
· At EY, we are committed to help you achieve a balanced life!
· At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.