ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Facilities Management Apprentice to work across 2 schools in Derby. This is a temporary, full time role working 37.5 hours a week for a fixed-term of 12 months. On offer is a salary of £7.50 per hour and benefits package.
The FM Apprentice will work together with the Care-taking Team, Site Manager and Operations Manager, to optimise the property conditions and quality and to ensure that the buildings are kept in safe working conditions. You will have the opportunity to work towards and be supported through your Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship, Level 2 Qualification.Following the completion of the apprenticeship, you will be competent to undertake the role of Caretaker with ultimate progression envisaged into a Facilities Supervisor/ Facilities Manager role within the contract.
· To become fully familiar with all Company and site procedures and carry out all duties detailed in ENGIE’s management system.
· To undertake a general caretaking duties from unsupervised routine and non-routine maintenance to minor repair work
· To oversee the preparation of all facilities ready for letting periods and for day-to-day school use;
· To complete all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either paper log books or by using appropriate IT software, e.g. CAFM system.
· Must be willing to carry a smartphone to facilitate response to Faults which will be automated from the helpdesk.
· Maintain the general tidiness of all compounds, workshops, plant rooms and service ducts
· Assist in the clearing of blocked drains
· Assist in the regular testing of fire alarm systems
· To carry out required daily checks around the school;
· To complete all units laid down in the formal qualification, in order to achieve the company standards
· To ensure accurate and timely completion of any relevant site-based documentation
· To adhere to Company quality standards to include compliance with specifications, materials and workmanship
· To develop effective working relationships with the client and school team
· To work with the Site Manager to provide support to the Cleaning Supervisor and school cleaning team to ensure all elements of service delivery are provided in line with contract and school requirements
· To attend all relevant training courses including all SHEQ courses arranged by the employer and Tool Box Talks
· To maintain and care for all company tools
· To wear appropriate clothing and PPE, specific to tasks
· To ensure all areas of work are left clean and tidy at the end of the working day
· To carry out any other duties which may from time to time reasonably be required, within the general level of responsibility of the post
· To understand the principles of H&S management procedures
· Within a maintenance environment, the post holder will occasionally be expected to carry out any reasonable request for which they have received training and is considered competent.
· Assist in any other activity where a competent person is in attendance
We are looking for someone who is able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative; someone who is reliable, committed and punctual with a customer service focus and willingness to develop into a future FM role.
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Capable of planning, prioritising and allocating work
· Ability to comply with company policies and procedures
· Aptitude for problem solving
· A team player
· Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
· Ability to create effective working relationships.
· Positive Attitude
All Apprenticeships require an Enhanced DBS Check before the commencement of the role.
· 24 days holidays and 8 public holidays
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including savings on gym memberships and retail.
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal Career development pathway supported by ENGIE Academy
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview
· Posting Date: Jan 29, 2020