· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Audits computer systems to ensure that they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack.
· Conducts security assessments to ensure adherence to customer specific security policy, procedures and industry standards.
· Monitors, evaluates, and maintains security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
· Assists with the review and definition of security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they are designed to comply with established standards.
· Investigates security violations and breaches; Prepares reports on intrusions as necessary.
· Reviews firewalls logs across the assigned area. Configures firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security devices across assigned area.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
· CISSP certification preferred
· Three or more years of computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
· Experience working with information and network security practices
· Experience working with computer programming
· Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
· Experience working with operating systems
· Experience working with security software packages
· Experience working with security architecture
· Analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
· Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
· Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
· Skilled in implementing and configuring networks and network components
· Ability to work with relational databases
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Office environment
· May require shift work
· May require weekend work