· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Provides on-site field support to customers. Performs complex installations, repairs, upgrades and maintenance on hardware/software and equipment within a Data Center environment (24/7/365).
Essential Job Functions
· Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing complex systems and equipment. Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment.
· Resolves customer problems in the areas of hardware/software installation, repair, upgrade and maintenance. Resolves more complex installations and maintenance issues.
· Provide phone support and hands on support with network infrastructure, cabling, server functions, firewalls, installations, etc.
· Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
· Ensures issues are referred to the appropriate personnel/service areas for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
· Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
· Performs complex analysis and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Six or more years of field support experience
· Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
· Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
· Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good communication skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to resolve complex hardware/software and equipment problems
· Ability to provide guidance to other field engineers
· Office environment
· May require weekend work
· Willing to work shifts (Wed - Saturday)