· Job Description:
Application developers analyze company processes, developing workflows and custom solutions for specific business needs. Application developers work collaboratively with others on the team to create custom, scalable processes for the company. This job is usually full-time and within IT departments, although some Application developers work from home. Application developers work in a variety of industries, designing and developing business workflows and translating requirements into system solutions. Application developers are creative, technically minded, and self-motivated.
· Testing and Implementing Applications: Application developers lead the testing and implementation of software development efforts, including coding, configuration, integrations, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging, as well as managing timelines and producing technical documentation with the best practices.
· Creating Customer Workflows: Working closely with the business teams, Application developers perform reviews of the data, developing complex CRM solutions to ensure that best practices are followed and the best data solutions are provided. This may involve discussing trade-offs with other teams, such as the terms of the configuration versus the code in place or mapping the functional requirements to Application functionality.
· Maintaining User Roles and Security: Application developers maintain user roles, ensuring there are no security breaches that could place a risk on the company’s data.
· Providing Technical Plans to Business Teams: Application developers create technical plans and strategies for other departments and the IT team, developing solutions to address any company-wide issues and making their processes more efficient.
· Conduct Workshops: To create solutions that work as closely as possible with the wider business goals, Application developers conduct workshops for other teams in the company to gain a detailed understanding of the requirements of and identify any gaps in the current system.
· Analytical skills – Application developers need an analytical mindset to identify a user’s needs and to design and produce solutions to issues
· Communication skills – to communicate complex information effectively to people who don’t have computer knowledge and to answer questions as they arise, giving clear instructions
· Teamwork – although they are self-motivated and tend to work independently, Application developers also work in teams, maintaining a professional and helpful demeanor toward their colleagues
· Time management – Application developers work to business timelines and schedules, often working on multiple projects while ensuring the work produced meets best practices
· Problem-solving abilities – Application developers identify and troubleshoot issues and faults as they arise
· Graduate with an IT related University degree.
· 2 – 5 years of technical experience; without a degree, 3 – 6 years of relevant professional experience on Application.
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable. Able to contribute to the design for deliverables. Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
· Able to communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers. Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer. Has sufficient technical knowledge to assist with the completion of specific deliverables.
· Demonstrates understanding of assigned discipline or technical area. Demonstrate fundamental technical knowledge.
· English comprehension (at least 75%), English Spoken (at least 70%).
· Portuguese is a plus
DXC Technology creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. DXC Technology invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.