CGI is looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in Richmond, VA. This is a dynamic team that will be supporting work in our State and Local Government space, but could potentially have the flexibility to help other accounts as well. The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating, updating, and writing various types of user documentation, requirements, design specifications, references, manuals and instructions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Consult with customers to document business requirements, operational level process models, and functional requirements documentation
• Write technical specifications for a variety of systems
• Authors, edits, rewrites, authenticates and verifies with SMEs that all documentation (paper and electronic) and knowledge base materials that have been created are consistent for use by the customer.
• Capture meeting and conference minutes and transcribe into standardized formats
• Ensures proper storage, delivery and archiving of all documentation including Confluence through all phases of contact and delivery
• Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals
• Interface with different groups to ensure that a consistent, clear, concise message is developed and maintained in all materials
• Assure standardization of terms, format, controls and documentation.
• Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand
• Prepare charts, graphs or forms
• Write clear and concise policies and procedures
• Adhere to configuration management for documentation versioning
• Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs
• Write detailed description of user needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years experience as a Technical Writer in a Software Development environment
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Experience developing process flows, methods and procedures, functional requirement documentation.
• Must be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
• Must display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent open and proactive written communication skills with focus on grammatical and usability skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and VISIO.
• Knowledge of business process development and improvement.
• Previous experience in external customer-facing technical support.
• Understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability to identify functional requirements that can be translated to technical system requirements.
• Knowledge of the operation of client logistics automated information systems
Education: Bachelor's Degree or applicable work experience.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Communication (Oral/Written)
· Technical Writing
· Microsoft Office