RMF Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
CGI is actively seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support a Federal customer’s inventory of on-premise, vendor, and cloud-based systems. The position will expose you to various system complexities in the moderate and low impact levels. You will assist federal staff in identifying and assessing new systems in accordance with NIST SP 800-37 Rev. 2, Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations: A System Life Cycle Approach for Security and Privacy and applicable customer policies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that the appropriate operational cybersecurity posture is maintained for customer systems to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems.
• Support systems owners to develop, update and maintain the System Security Plan (SSP) for assigned systems.
• Advise system owners on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of assigned IT systems.
• Develop standard operating procedures in accordance with security control requirements.
• Perform continuous monitoring of security controls to ensure that they are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the cybersecurity requirements for assigned IT systems.
• Work with technical teams to mitigate security control deficiencies and scan vulnerabilities for assigned IT systems.
• Assess the cybersecurity impact of changes to assigned IT systems.
• Conduct self-assessments of security controls, identify weaknesses, and track remediation activities in Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
• Manage the POA&M process for designated IT systems to provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of non-compliance issues.
• Provide the required system access, information, and documentation to security assessment and audit teams.
• Participate in security assessments and audits for assigned systems and facilitate obtaining evidence for data requests.
• Complete required A&A activities on assigned IT systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
• Demonstrated experience (5+ years) performing systems security assessments, preparing system security documentation, and/or performing security upgrades for live networks, desktop systems, servers, and enterprise databases leading to successful certification and accreditation or security authorization of such systems.
• Strong working knowledge and familiarity with NIST publications.
• Demonstrated experience using a GRC tool executing A&A activities.
• Current and maintained certification in one or more of the following IT Security disciplines: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• Due to the nature of this government project, US Citizenship is required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.