The Designer role will require an individual with leadership skills responsible for acting as a "client lead" that can manage the fulfillment and delivery of proposed solutions within the virtual networking team. Further, the candidate will ensure high quality service delivery of networking services to the client through the effective management of assigned projects
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of data networking design- specifically in TCP/IP networking.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Perform network engineering/integration support for large multi-site network communications systems
• Systems analyses and performance assessments
• Requirements definition, detailed network design development
• Support the development and delivery of large network communication infrastructure architectures
• Interface with other senior level personnel and deliver technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion
• Develop and maintain Network Design Documents, configuration templates, diagrams and support advisories.
• Review network device build books provided by a third party vendor, and ensure build books are followed during rollout
• Provide trend analysis of current and future demands and troubleshooting
• Develop and deliver concise and logical business-focused technical material
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expertise and experience with communication system components (including wide and local area networks, MPLS, IP addressing, Gig-E and ATM technologies, V-LANS, routing, OSPF, firewall configurations and data flows, and other infrastructure components.
• Managed security services experience, including site-to-site and remote access VPN
• Extensive knowledge of Telecom industry and network protocols
• Strong IP sub-netting and IP management skills required.
• Thorough knowledge of public/private IP addressing management and network address translation
• Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP1&2)
• Switching architecture and protocols (VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling, Spanning Tree)
• TCP/IP, Summarization
• Network Authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+)
• VPN Technology (IPSec, Key Management, Client & Site-to-site and remote access solutions)
• Firewall technologies (Checkpoint FW1, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto)
• Load balancing and failover technologies
• Management and shaping experience with Quality of Service
• 4+ years of network experience with Cisco
• 5+ years of successful experience with a proven track in a similar role.
Required Level of Education/Expertise:
• University degree or equivalent work experience in communication systems
• CCDP and/or CCNA certification, CCIE preferred
• 8 or more years in a data design role.
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to interface with client and engagement teams at the appropriate level
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Good research/assessment skills
• Effective working without direct supervision
• This position requires limited travel within the GTA and possible after-hours support during project implementation phase.
CGI applies the Equal Access to Employment and the Employment Equity Program and invites women, visible minority members, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal people to submit their application.
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to professionals located in 125 offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Network Architecture