Java AWS Developer
CGI has an immediate need for a Senior Sr. Java AWS Developer to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Join a fast paced agile team working on cloud migration effort. We are seeking a strong backend Java Developer with Spring Boot, AWS and DevOps experience.
The Senior Developer selected for this role will be working on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience
• Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
• Should be hands on with application build automation tool Maven/Gradle
• Experience in building application CICD pipeline using Jenkins, expertize in setting up CI/CD
• Experience in working with application GIT/Bit Bucket - branching strategy
• Experience in using Sonar for continuous inspection of application code to detect bugs, code smells and security vulnerabilities
• Experience in using Nexus Artifact repository & Component lifecycle management for given application
• Experience in writing Groovy/Python Scripts for executing commands on Jenkins for build/deploying application
• Experience in automating application deployments
• Experience in application deployment to AWS Infrastructure
• Experience with full SDLC lifecycle, taking from Dev to Release
• Experience with Urban Code Deployment (UCD)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• 2+ years of development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
• AWS certification and/or hands-on AWS implementation experience
• Hands-on experience on AWS services like Fargate ECS, S3, Cloudwatch, Postgres, SQS, SNS, AWS Batch
• Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.|
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
• Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito, Cucumber
• Hands-On experience with database development using SQL
• Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
• Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle
• Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
• Ability to setup infrastructure as code
• Enterprise change management, release management experience
• Jenkins, GIT/Bit Bucket, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Urban Code Deployment (UCD)
• Groovy/Python, Nexus, Java Builds
• Superior time management and work organization
• Strong verbal and oral communication
• Work as a team in a fast paced agile environment
• Passion for continuous improvement and learning
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Java Enterprise Editions JEE
· REST Webservices