CGI has an immediate need for a Data Analyst to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
We are seeking a strong Data Analyst with experience in Oracle and SQL. Individual must have keen analytical skills required for analysis of data and must be comfortable talking to senior leadership
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Analyze/interpret data requirements and perform current/target/gap/impact analyses.
• Collecting, querying, and interpreting data to find patterns and trends.
• Prepare documents such as technical requirements, data mapping, gap analysis, use case models and propose workflows, data flows, implementation plans and end user guides in accordance with standards and methodologies.
• Identify data anomalies and communicate back to the data stewards.
• Participate in all testing related activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8-12 years of experience conducting relevant work
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to learn new tools, technologies, and business concepts quickly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with increased attention to detail
• In-depth knowledge of PC usage and related software packages, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office products, Visio, Toad, ER Studio, JIRA, etc .
• Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality deliverables, including detailed requirements specifications, flow, process, context and state diagrams, and other documentation and release-related artifacts.
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with multiple software platforms and languages
• prefer experience working on system analysis and authoring functional/technical and integration specifications for data warehouse applications
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Data Analysis techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of relational databases, data modeling concepts, etc.
• Very proficient working with Oracle databases, including writing simple and complex SQL queries to perform data profiling, refine/validate requirements, understand data dependencies and integration requirements, and analyze/interpret data .
• MF Business knowledge
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Analytical Thinking
· Data Analysis
· Microsoft Visio