We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur, was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the shared services center has 620 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import-Export Order Management Services to BASF companies and affiliates in 16 countries across the Asia Pacific region. BASF has three other shared services centers located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the Americas.
Objectives of this position are to:
· Drive performance management using different tools enable steering of services proactively
· Ability to handle big data volumes combined with powerful analytical tools to support simulations and decision making
· Visualize and present data as well as insights in a comprehensible manner to the management and team
· Collect, organize and interpret data closely with the team for monitoring and process improvement
· Provide insights to O2C community on new technologies and application.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
· Ensure all treasury related transactions are processed in system as per SLA timely and accurately.
· Process automatic and manual bank statement posting.
· Reconcile bank statements and provide unclear bank line items details to responsible parties on monthly basis.
· Perform bank accounts clearing, monitor bank trade accounts in SAP tallied with bank statement.
· Process deal (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) posting timely and accurately
· Check and verify the trade confirmation in liaison with related parties e.g. bank, treasury Front Office in the region
· and at Headquarter, finance function of local company, intercompany.
· Process deal settlement (e.g. depositing, funding, derivatives trading) on electronic / paper base accurately on timely
· Check the validity of mark to market valuation report of derivatives trades during month end to perform MTM
· valuation posting.
· Process accrued interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees on monthly basis.
· Process actual interest income and expenses as well as loan commitment fees.
· Process bank service charges.
· Update local bank published exchange rates in SAP system on daily or whenever it is required.
· Process group netting settlement.
· Prepare daily cash management report and FX exposure report accurately on timely basis.
· Prepare weekly/monthly cash position report, FX exposure report and facility report for submission to Headquarter.
· Prepare monthly derivatives reports to BASF SE/ BASC GAR.
· Prepare other Treasury reports in accordance with the local company management and BASF requirements.
· Process treasury related month end closing accurately and timely.
· Continuous monitoring and update of local regulatory requirements and changes on payment settlement and cross
· border transactions of serviced companies in close corporation of finance functions of BASC Company and treasury
· Mid Office at regional level and Risk Management function at Headquarter.
· Update treasury policies and guidelines if there is change of country regulation.
· Support implementation of treasury related IT projects.
· Support treasury Mid Office in risk control procedure set-up and execution.
· Work closely with BASC quality management.
· Work closely with auditors (internal/external) on the audit activities.
· Ensure compliance to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, legal and statutory requirements.
· Such other tasks as BASC management and changing business environment may require to be performed.
· Close alignment with BASC AR, ICR, AP, GAR, treasury Front Office, Mid Office and if required bank counterparties
· to deliver customer services timely and accurately.
· Ensure timely delivery of cash management, foreign currency exposure and liquidity planning reports to meet
· transaction cut-off time defined by banks and internal and external trading partners.
· Ensure timely and accurate positing of treasury positions for financial risk monitoring.
· Maintain and regular update on local regulation on domestic and cross border financial transactions to stay in full
· compliance with banking and financial market regulation.
· xecute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer
· Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
· Support Manager to identify, recommend and develop solutions for continuous improvement to streamline
· processes, increase process efficiency and effectiveness and increase service quality.
· Support knowledge accumulation and knowledge sharing in the team for continuous improvement.
· Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and
· Support Manager in error management and lessons learned activities.
· Support Regional and Global projects including GFT Team as and when required.
· Frequent Cooperation within BASF Group:
· End users of the local company.
Other BASC F&A teams.
· Treasury Front Office and Mid Office.
· BASC Quality Management and internal auditors.
· Back Office of BASF internal trading partners at BASF SE and BASF Belgium Coordination Center.
· BASF group companies including joint ventures.
· Frequent Contact outside BASF Group:
· Back Office of banks and external trading partners.
· Provide Support to Global and Regional Treasury Projects:
· Cash Management Transformation project.
· Implementation of SAP treasury module TRM in the region.
· Global Payment System project.
· Global Cash Visibility project.
· Diploma/ Degree in finance, accounting or business administration
· External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement especially for treasury service
· delivery will be preferable.
· Technical & Professional Knowledge:
· General understanding of bank accounts, loans, currency exchange, derivatives, cash pooling, netting, treasury
· operation and risk management.
· Support medium to complex tasks with good understanding of cash flows from operation, investment and financing
· activities, ability to identify cash flow relevant accounting items and the time dimension of cash flows.
· General understanding of local regulatory requirements on domestic fund transfer, cross-border payment
· transactions and trading of financial instruments.
· Self-motivation, high service quality orientation and good time management skills.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office, SAP, Lotus Notes.
· Ability to support treasury IT transformation projects.
· Proficiency in English and good communication skills with internal and external counterparties including banks