We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF’s regional division EMEA Europe, Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa. BASF operates in more than 50 countries in the region. For BASF the EMEA region is our most important market.
What you can expect
Administrative link between BASF South Africa, International Vegetable Seed Administrators and the South African Seed Production team in processes for Procurement, Import and Export administration and specialized production related administrative support. Duties will include the following:
· Manage accurate input, processing and maintenance of all production & related data in order to create a smooth flow from stock seed shipment to settlement of production orders
· Responsible for collecting QA information from local and international laboratories, within the contract timelines. Keeping local crop files updated with the latest QA information. Point out the requested timelines of the tests of the send samples and processed lots to related departments
· Stock seed administration, export of produced seed, and phytosanitary support along with documentation and communication of delivery dates, quality and quantity of ordered seed
· Contract management, keeping audit compliant records of agreements made, assist in creating new contracts and administrate production contracts (direct and 3rd parties), and related correspondence
· Communication with internal stakeholders and external producers/multipliers (3 rd parties and direct growers) e.g. updates, samples, lots, contracts, payments and settlements
· Collaborate with APM in reporting and following up with Opex in cost allocation and cost deviation identification
· Support record keeping and up to date Capex list for South Africa. Follow Asset list and depreciation of assets and provide annual report
· Travel arrangements and documentation support for international production visitors and assistance with local team`s travel arrangements linking with BASF travel desk
· Administrate procurement process from finding suppliers for seed production inputs, vendor creation, obtaining quotations, PR/PO process, GRN and following delivery and payments
· Assist country representative through coordination of business communication with relevant ZA teams, arranging country meetings along with the documentation and record-keeping thereof, keeping the VS local organisation in line with the legal framework, and maintain good working relations with other BASF divisions
· Participate in projects to improve the (administrative) Production and Operations processes
What we expect
· Associate Degree or similar level through experience required
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and administrative skills (accuracy) required
· Analysing, proactive, organized and networking capabilities
· Good knowledge level on logistical and financial items in theory and practice
· Agronomy subjects and experience in vegetable seed production would be favourable
· Computer competent: MS Office and ERP/SAP knowledge would be favourable
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company. BASF is an equal opportunity employer which we embrace diversity and the principles of employment equity.
Closing date for applications: 12 August 2020