You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2019, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2019.
We have openings for two separate 3-month contracts for Lab Assistants.
Located in Saskatoon, SK and reporting to the Seed Chemist, this position is responsible for performing biochemical analyses in support of the canola seed business.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Be responsible for the execution of biochemical laboratory analysis, meeting required timelines.
· Interpret and evaluate of analytical data to ensure results are valid, troubleshoot when results are not as anticipated or when problems associated with protocols and equipment arise.
· Manage data and prepare analytical reports.
· Assist in the validation, optimization and implementation of analytical procedures.
· Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
· Assist in the coordination of resources to ensure efficient operation of the lab. Includes tracking of lab supplies inventory as well as assisting in the training and supervision of other lab employees, as necessary.
· Ensure all activities are carried out in support of health and safety guidelines, quality management, SOP’s, work instructions, and other internal and external regulations and practices. Participate in the development and improvements of all the above processes, as required.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· B.Sc. or minimum 2 year technical diploma in biochemistry, chemistry, or related field (combination of education and experience may be considered).
· Understanding of the principles of quality control/quality assurance.
· Ability to operate and maintain laboratory equipment. Specific experience with gas chromatographs and NIR is beneficial.
· Able to solve standard problems with both instruments and methods through analysis and judgment, with guidance in new or more complex situations.
· Comprehension of plant development, reproduction, physiology, and biochemical processes.
· Standard to intermediate level working knowledge of standard computer software, especially MS-Excel.
· Good organization and communication skills.
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment. Please visit our website to apply
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
While we thank all applicants for their interest in a career with BASF, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.