In the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, we ensure that a consistent local approach is adopted in the various countries. To achieve this, we communicate with the relevant corporate divisions and contribute our regional expertise. We work with mature markets just as much as developing markets and either support the established companies there or promote our business in emerging markets.
Within our unit, you will be responsible for ensuring the site´s production capability from a legal standpoint.
· You will prepare applications under the law of permits and approvals for new plants and equipment, conversions as well as expansions of existing plants and equipment alike.
· In addition, you will identify areas in the case of updates to applicable law as well as the state of the art and will advise operators on implementation.
· By monitoring the plants, you will ensure conformity with permits and approvals, and you will be responsible for compliance with the provisions of law on incidents.
· In addition, you will conduct negotiations with the authorities on interpreting laws in the area of permits, approvals and reports.
· You will assume responsibility for communicating with government agencies on BASF´s behalf in the case of environmental and incident inspections and will provide support in the case of internal and external audits.
· You have a degree in engineering, physical science or life science.
· You have gained several years of relevant professional experience and have experience with environmental law.
· In addition, you are forward-looking and responsible in your thinking and actions with an eye to achieving the company's goals in the long term.
· You are happy to prove your ability to optimize processes, and you have good negotiation skills.
· You also have excellent German and English language skills.
· Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and 'on-the-job' training as part of a committed team.
· Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
· Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Moisturizing creams, mild shampoos, strong styling gels, glossy lipsticks and protective sunscreens – all of these products contain ingredients made by BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH, a BASF subsidiary. Using natural, renewable raw materials, we develop and produce a large range of ingredients for the personal care sector.
Learn more about BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH at https://on.basf.com/ECareandNutrition
You have questions regarding the application process or regarding the position?
Ms. Rina Hellwig (Talent Acquisition) e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +49 (0)30 2005 59769
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.