We are recruiting for a Pricing Analyst to join our complex and highly governed team based in York.
The unit pricing team is a business critical function within AFO which is responsible for the daily valuation of c£150bn of investments held in c2,500 Unit Linked funds, ensuring that c15,000 unit prices are accurately calculated and distributed to policy administration systems and investment platforms to high quality and timeliness standards; in accordance with regulatory requirements; internal policies and risk frameworks .
We are looking for someone who is highly numerate, has excellent attention to detail, and is committed to accuracy and delivery to join the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggregation and validation of customer transactions; generating and instructing investment trades with Aviva Investors and external fund managers to align investments with policyholder liabilities.
- Processing and validating high volumes of external market data for use in Unit Pricing.
- Processing dividend receipts and other corporate actions.
- Estimating tax positions of Unit Linked funds.
- Distributing fund prices to admin systems in a timely manner.
- Daily performance (with evidence) of key controls.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies and group risk framework.
Skills & Experience required :
- A higher qualification in mathematics or related subject desirable, with the ability to think logically essential.
- Proficient in numeracy and problem solving together with strong analytical skills.
- An understanding of financial markets, securities and investments.
- Knowledge of Unit Linked products and services would be helpful.
- Able to perform competent impact assessments of issues and raise appropriately.
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate daily operations time-frames and project requirements.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £22,000 to £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on: 0121 200 5926 or ping them an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.