Aviva now have a vacancy for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Company Secretarial team in Dublin.
In this role, you will report to the Company Secretary at Aviva Ireland and will be supporting fillings with the Company Registrations Office, statutory and group reporting, and internal documentation while working alongside deputy Company Secretaries within the Aviva Ireland combined Legal and Company Secretarial setup.
We see this as a phenomenal opportunity for those serious and passionate about continuing their company secretary career with a company that has the support and resources to help you grow professionally.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assisting with the delivery of timely company secretarial & corporate governance support for boards, committees, directors and senior managers within own area of responsibility
- Building factual research for more senior team members
- Assisting senior colleagues in the analysis of issues presented to the function
- Examining documents for their sufficiency, identifying issues that need to be resolved, where appropriate
- Carrying out a range of processes and use of relevant systems, ensuring that they are optimally maintained and coordinated, recommending improvements where possible
- Delivering on small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on major projects
- Preparing board and committee papers, as required and responsible for statutory filings relating to company secretarial activity
- Updating records on appropriate systems (e.g. Diligent Entities and Board Books)
Skills & experience required:
- ICSA qualification (or studying towards qualification) or equivalent qualification with appropriate practical experience
- Previous commercial Company Secretarial experience
- Knowledge of company law and administration and corporate governance
- An understanding of the insurance industry
- Digital literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software
What will we offer for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work! This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies!
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if an alternative method of applying is required, please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team at Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com or on 0121 234 7625.