The activities and tasks to be undertaken by operations engineers (also known as operators)
• Monitor, execute and control processing on the required computing platforms and
equipment so that IT services and output are delivered in accordance with the
prescribed standards, procedures, security, and service level requirements.
• Monitor, execute and control all online and batch processing in accordance to production
schedules on the required computing platforms.
• Gather and process all input files and transactions in accordance to the laid-down
• Execute and control the required computer reports, including electronically transmitted
• Update all tickets, registers, logs and checklists accurately after performing the
• and actions.
• Take and receive all customer and support calls in a professional and courteous manner
as well as providing relevant and authorized information/status/updates within the scope
• Perform callouts and escalation as per the work instructions and/or when the situation
requires it by communicating the appropriate information effectively to the relevant
support and/or customer.
• Log incident tickets and assign them to the correct support groups for alerts/messages
as and when the procedures and situations require such actions, in a timely manner
within the agreed response time.
Undertake tasks and perform work in accordance to the scope of services provided by
• Participate in Disaster Recovery and other scheduled activities for EOC-KL and the
respective customers/accounts, held at the Offsite DR Centre or BCP Site.
• When required, provide Service line services during non-Service line hours.
• Ensure effective escalation of problems to seniors/team leads/shift leaders, and
responsible for seamless hand-over of work to colleagues in the subsequent shift.
• Ensure that all access into systems/applications/tools and physical access to the
Command Centre (also known as EMC-KL work area) is in accordance to EMC
Operations standards and compliant to ISO 27001 Information Security Management
Systems – absolutely no sharing of user ID, passwords, token and access tag.
· Diploma or Bachelor Degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent
· Relevant foundation training/certification is an added advantage – example, ITILFoundation