Amazon's Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is looking for a UX Designer to Echo device setup and settings. The designer provides the setup flow in the Alexa mobile app and settings for product features.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of world-class multi-disciplinary designers to invent and deliver UX frameworks and features that align and extend the Alexa experience across all Alexa-enabled devices. You will collaborate with design, research, product, and engineering partners across the organization to build customer-focused solutions at scale. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You must be able to lead projects forward in the face of ambiguity.
· Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
· Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
· Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences
· Write effectively to communicate design rationales and benefits to Amazon customers
· A portfolio demonstrating past student project and/or work experience and deliverables (e.g. wireframes, mockups, design specs)
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Additional design skills in related fields, such as motion design or prototyping
· Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mock-ups reflecting a range of options
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Able to use best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
· Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
· Experience in a variety of design, wire-framing, and prototyping tools