One of the world’s highest scale storage platforms is currently looking for a SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER WITH AN OBSESSION FOR AUTOMATION to help us grow our systems organization. Is that you? How can you tell? You are overexcited about automation, simplification, and high performance for your systems. You love to work with internal and external customers to execute projects and resolve issues. You are a believer in the dev-ops model of service engineering, and you are excited to be in an environment where developers don’t toss problems over the wall. And you're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Each day, millions of developers execute billions of transactions worldwide on the AWS Cloud.
Amazon S3 sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for storage in the cloud. With trillions of objects under management, we’re one of the most successful services anywhere. But, we’re not resting on our laurels… it’s still the early days for cloud computing, and there are boundless opportunities to continue to redefine the world of storage. This Program Manager role reports into the S3 Region Expansion organization supporting our efforts to help grow S3 at an incredibly fast pace. You will interface daily with program managers, engineers, managers, and the senior leadership team.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager working with Amazon S3, you will:
· Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing programs
· Work with the product management and engineering team to identify technical requirements, limitations, and bottlenecks
· Create the strategy for, and manage, externally facing customer feedback programs
· Meet with internal and external customers to understand future requirements
· You are a natural analyst
· Your curiosity leads to you dive into new areas and learn everything you can
· You are comfortable exploring new technologies
· You are quick to understand new concepts and incorporate new tools into your repertoire
· You are able to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
· You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
· You are a skilled writer, you have excellent instincts and judgement
· You quickly earn the trust and respect of your colleagues and customers by continuously delivering on your commitments
· You lead by example, and hold yourself and those around you to the highest standards
· You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical environment
· You are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap, and your project execution is near flawless
· You have a strong work ethic based on your desire to exceed expectations
· You have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
· You have strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
· Experience driving large engineering efforts that solve significantly complex or endemic problems
· Experience decomposing complex processes into simple, straight-forward solutions
· Understanding and knowledge of core system technologies within S3
MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience in security, software engineering, compliance, or process management work in support of a technical environment
· Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· This position requires up to 15% travel