Twitch Prime aims to become the largest and best loved premium program for gamers worldwide. Each month Twitch Prime delivers free games and in-game content to our members, a free Twitch channel subscription, and more. Plus all the benefits of Amazon Prime.
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of our own cloud based game engine, recently released and soon to be released PC games, and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
As a QAE you will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create manual and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You must be able to see both business and quality perspectives, possess strong test plan creation, test case design, and test automation skills, and enjoy working with data, developers, and gamers. You will work with stakeholders in business development, marketing, account management, product, design, engineering, and multiple 3rd party game developers to ensure we launch on time with a high quality bar.
At Amazon you are not a pure black box tester; you will be able to understand software internals, debug problems, and automate repetitive tasks with scripting tools or user-level automation tools. You are also the customer advocate and owner of the customer experience for our product.
If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, building innovative solutions, and working with top notch software and video game developers, we're looking for you!
· Game industry experience (2+ years) working on cross-platform games or on live services teams.
· PC, Console, and Mobile testing experience.
· Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to operate within short live service release cycles
· Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and product development lifecycles (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services).
· Advanced coding skills
· Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
· Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of QA experience and strong knowledge of QA tools and methodologies
· Demonstrated experience in leading QA effort on large-scale software projects or deliverables
· 1+ year of basic C++ and/or Python programming