The Amazon Homepage Quality Assurance team is looking for a highly motivated, customer centric Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) with an understanding of testing methodologies and techniques and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers. You should seize this opportunity if you have a passion for customer needs, a deep understanding of web applications and proven QA experience. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale.
QAEs test code at the user level, manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Java and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. They should also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
· Define, develop, and execute test engineering tasks, which include reviewing product requirements and analysis, executing test plans and test cases, monitoring and analyzing test results.
· Write automated test cases in Java
· Identify and communicate issues/risks to supervisor and interact with technical teams and business users to identify and share test information and procedures
· Develop and execute test plans covering all aspects of quality assurance, including functional, regression, system, and user acceptance testing.
· Work with peers to achieve project, personal and team goals. Participate as a contributing member to cross functional project teams and participate in project planning and design discussions.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or related field
· 4+ years experience with quality assurance methodologies
· 3+ years experience in testing web-based applications
· Programming experience in Java, C, C++ or C#
· Good object-oriented design and coding skills
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations