Amazon is the earth's most customer centric company. Along with being a retail company, it has a special focus on innovative technology and high-profile devices. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room and Echo, our latest cutting edge product.
The Device, Digital & Alexa Support (aka. D2AS) organization goal is to provide the best customer experience and support for our devices, digital content & Alexa applications. The D2AS Technology team creates critical applications and backend services along with test solutions to achieve this goal. What will you help us create? Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
In this Quality Assurance Engineer role, you will create test strategies and execute and automate tests for new software applications and services designed to help customers and technology support teams diagnose and solve problems. You will define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases and help design tools for functional testing. You will communicate plans and results clearly and effectively. You will work directly with software developers, product managers, and technical program managers to ensure the quality of our applications and platforms. You will work with the team to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. The technical skills required for this role include object-oriented concepts and programming in Java. Some scripting, SQL and data modeling is helpful. In addition the role will offer project management, leadership and system test design opportunities. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented individual who has experience building innovative test solutions.
· Create test strategies, plans and test cases
· Use automation in testing and automate test cases
· Review user interfaces for conformity, functionality and usability
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Find, isolate, document and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results
· Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
· Take great pride to innovate on testing new products that are used by millions of users
· Work directly with developers, product managers, and technical program managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms
· Be comfortable with proactive outward communication, collaboration, and reporting with stakeholders
· Be comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· 3+ years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
· Knowledge of QA processes, experience working through multiple SDLC's
· Able to come up with test strategies and test plans for medium to complex projects