The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? We are building exciting experiences and driving new customer interactions with our popular and growing entertainment platform and want to find someone passionate about creating awesome products. Here you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion and innovation in the delivery of media entertainment.
As a QAE on the Fire TV QA team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 4+ years of experience as a developer, SDET or QA Automation Engineer.
· Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
· Experience programmatically testing product, measuring test coverage, developing the best automation, driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product, and promoting best practices in quality areas
· Experience writing test plans, test strategies, test automation, and test cases.
· Knowledge of at least one Programming or scripting language: Python, Java, C++ etc. . Trouble shooting/Debugging experience.